Between week’s nine and ten, I have spent time in completing the overall animation of my ETC Campaign project.
After working on from five different composition tabs, I then spent time in ‘sewing’ all clips together from After Effects, into Premiere Pro. Once rendered and exported, I uploaded the clip to my Vimeo page and emailed a copy over to client, Jamie.
Thanks to Jamie’s prompt, email reply, I was able to instantly make small tweaks to the animation. Jamie broke the feedback down into key points, and annotated each with a time-indication of when each obstacle was happening. Overall, he seemed to be pleased with my progress so far, although there were a few weaknesses throughout that I needed to address.
I was informed that I needed to alter the main yellow background as it seemed to blend in with the colour of the ETC satellite. There was a misposition of the left house as it sat on top of the globe. It was preferred that the water-flow (engulfing the overall scene) would have a lot more of a curve around the mask as it did still appear to be too ‘pointy’. It was also suggested that I could make the hands (which type away on the laptop) a little less static.
(Please see email reference below…)
Thanks for providing an almost finished article! I think your general idea and flow is working well, the timing is near enough bang on so i have no complaints with the order of events! If anything now, i think we’re in the stages of tweaking and polishing as there are a few rough edges. I’m going to bring up some time stamps with comments related to it;
- 00, i’m still not a fan of this yellow background on blue. Is there anything else that you could play with to help compliment the colours on screen?
- 00, Left house doesn’t sit on planet quite correctly. There is a gap.
- 04, see if you can smooth out this water transition.
- 06, maybe reposition the tower to dominate more of the screen and animate it so that the red X is the cause of the top being pushed off?
- 11-12, the colour transition is a bit sudden here. You could potentially make the ETC dish larger to wipe the screen and shrink into place which could act as a colour transition?
- 18, the UN logo blue doesn’t match the background blue.
- 17-19, the UN logo seems to fidget quite a bit, snapping and popping into different positions.
- 19, I think that we can make this red ball situation a little cleaner because it’s a little jarring seeing both the earth and red cover forming at the same time. I like the idea of the UN logo becoming the planet, it’s a perfect fit. See if you can think of a way to make this a bit more tidy.